Eagle pose strengthens the back, creates space between the shoulder blades, builds up and steadies the thighs and calves as well as increases concentration. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do it correctly:
- Stand in a comfortable position with your feet together. Straighten your arms in front of you and then bend your knees a little into chair pose and lift your right leg off the floor.
- Wrap your right thigh across the left calf.
- Bend both your elbows to make right angles while your forearms are perpendicular to the floor.
- The left elbow and the wrist should cross over the right elbow and wrist.
- Bend lower and get closer to the floor to stretch all the muscles. Remember to focus on your breathing as well,
- Exhale and untangle your hands. Do the same with your legs and stand upright again. Now repeat with the other side for toned calves and thighs!
Benefits of Eagle Pose
- Stronger arms, legs, knees and ankles.
- Open shoulder joints, creating space between the shoulder blades.
- Open hips and IT band.
- Increased circulation to all joints.
- Improved digestion and elimination.
- Improved balance.
- Improved focus.
Get more information on Eagle Pose & learn similar asanas to improve your body balance. Book Yoga Sessions with us today.