If you haven’t incorporated the Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana into your workout regimen, now is the time to do it! Given that it has amazing benefits for your mind as well as your body, you shouldn’t really be giving this a miss.
Let’s breakdown the term to understand what it really means. The word ‘Utthita’ means ‘extended, ‘Hasta’ means ‘hand’, ‘Pada’ stands for ‘foot’ and ‘Angustha’ stands for ‘thumb’ or ‘toe’. The word ‘Asana’ here means ‘posture’. That is why it is also called Extended Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose in English.
This standing yoga pose is the ultimate test to know whether you can really balance your body and can be quite difficult to get a hang of at first. But if you work for long hours during the quarantine period, trying it out can be extremely beneficial for you.
Here are some of the benefits:
- The extended hand-to-big-toe pose strengthens your spine like no other and helps to open up your shoulder and back muscles. In fact, people who have a curvature in the upper half of their spine have seen that it works wonders to straighten it up. If you suffer from a stiff neck or have recurrent bouts of back pain, then try this after consultation with a medical professional.
- If bending your body is a task in itself, then this is the yoga pose for you. This will help to improve your range of motion whilst enhancing your flexibility. The result? You will be able to experiment and challenge yourself with a range of workout routines!
- This yoga pose is great to eliminate digestive problems such as constipation, excessive bloating, and constipation. While giving you a great boost of energy (and confidence!), it also harmonizes the body, mind, and soul, thus making you feel less stressed and happier.
- You really need to concentrate when performing this pose. So, if you have been feeling restless or frustrated lately, this will help you to take your mind off things. Moreover, it will also relax your mind as it boosts oxygen levels in the body.
- This is the perfect pose for those who have sedentary lifestyles. People who sit for the most part of the day need to work their hip and abdomen muscles to stay in good shape. In fact, it also releases tension in the hamstrings that accumulates tension with time. extended hand-to-big-toe pose gets rid of all the tightness, without overexerting your muscles.
- Poses that stretch your body are known to help reduce cortisol levels, which is responsible for the stress response. Moreover, it pushes your body to release endorphins, the body’s very own painkiller. And as we know it the extended hand-to-big-toe pose really gives your body a nice long stretch!
Get a comprehensive understanding of this ancient asanas and master it with the help of experts. Check out Move In To Stillness Yoga for more information.
Now you can book a Free Holistic Wellness & Immunity Boosting session with us. Submit this Registration Form today to schedule your complimentary session.